Thursday, December 4, 2008

ME on Advertising


For those of you who are keen on the world of advertising, the significance of this book to the title of my blog will be clear. Seeing as how this blog will be dedicated to advertising as is Ogilvy and his book, I thought it to be a fitting title.

I'm in my third year of college and my first semester at San Jose State University as an Advertising major. I'm a newbie in the ad world and I've yet to get the chance to read it. With the semester coming to a close, however, my first priority over winter break, is to read this book and get its concepts underneath my belt.

I had to create a blog to post a few video blogs on for my final project in my MCOM63 [New Media] class; I figured it would be a great start in focusing not only this blog, but also my academic and business career towards a passion for advertising. I plan on posting about ads that I think are fantastic, ads that are a disgrace, and other miscellaneous advertising type things.

I'm an aspiring art director and really hoping to get into an agency during Summer 2009 for an internship.I've made a list of quite a few agencies and I'm working on getting my portfolio together and a cover letter out. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Steve Sloan said...

This is great, but you cannot use this for your vlog! ONLY your videos can be on your Vlog.