Monday, December 27, 2010

Interning

Wow! So much can happen in a matter of days. I've been emailing my resume to hundreds of agencies and have heard from all but... none. Then, to my surprise, I recall a family friend who has connections in the industry. A few days later, I've landed an internship at a major entertainment advertising agency and I'm working on copy for a hit TV show.
What it really comes down to in this city, no matter how amazing you are (and believe me, I am incredible), it's all about who you know.
Now you may be asking yourself, why copy? I thought she wanted to be an art director? I do. Or, I did? It isn't like that decision was put in stone. I was always under the impression that I'd find myself in college. Or, at least find my career path. Now, I find myself still figuring that out.

I know I'm a phenomenal writer, but I also love art. Then I ask myself, are graphic arts for me? Do I have the patience? Or is copywriting more of my creative forte? Could I be a copywriter with the eye of an art director? Two-for-one special, people.

No comments: