Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Intern Race














I'm in the process of applying for an internship this summer. It's more tedious and draining than I thought it would be.

I made a list of about 50 different agencies and I've typed up cover letters specific to each one of them.

As of today, I've "applied" to 25 different agencies. *crosses fingers* I'm no where near done, however. After I'm done sending out my cover letter and resume, comes the seemingly never ending list of follow-up calls to be made. I'm excited though! It's going to take persistence and patience, but as long as I get an internship somewhere (which I don't doubt that I will), it will be well worth the effort.

"Encourage innovation. Change is our lifeblood, stagnation our death knell." - David Ogilvy

1 comment:

The Cool Commentator said...

Hi, great blog!! I'm also an aspiring advertising creative and student in the UK! How did your hunt for an internship go? Have you had any luck? I'm spending my summer in New York City doing two internships at agencies, and im currently trying to get a third to fill up the spare couple of days a week I will have while im there! Would love to know how your getting on!

Stop by my blog soon http://studentad.blogspot.com and follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tommyjames :D