Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Make Face Time.
























This is totally a "duh" statement, but I'm going to say it anyway. We live in an unbelievably technological and digital world (go ahead, get your "duhs" out now). As consumers, we indulge in the coolest gadgets and the latest technologies. The Blackberry was nick-named a Crackberry and kids are getting on the news for breaking records for numbers of text messages sent and received each month (I believe the most was something ridiculous like 35,000... In one month).

Last semester, in my MCOM63 "New Media" course we were exposed to something called "Second Life," an online game that, many users, don't find to be a game at all. I go into it more in my other blog, but basically I end saying this:
"I think advances in technology are great and important in our society today, but it’s also important to stop hiding behind your computer screen, get out of your house, and experience real people, real places, real trees, and real life."
Needless to say, I absolutely adore this concept for Dentyne. It was done by the creative team at McCann Erickson and first debuted last fall. I've seen the commercials on TV and I've seen the web advertisements all over my Pandora site. The campaign plays on our ever-evolving digital age with "friend request accepted" and "the original instant message," but it also brings us back into reality and reminds us that sometimes, we need to take a break from our HD TVs, Crackberries, Facebooks, and blogs. Get out, experience real love, real life, and of course, fresh breath.

No comments: