Monday, July 27, 2009

Rich Media Monday

I know it's been quite a while since I've updated with anything. With the end of the Spring 2009 semester, Summer school, and my internship at Inveneo, and continuing my part time job on the weekends - I've been entirely too busy for much of anything else but sleep. I've also recently updated my website: Sprouting Creativity.

So with that, I've decided to dedicate this post to Rich Media Monday. Seeing as how it's Monday... We're all coming back from our weekends, and pouring cup after cup of coffee... who wouldn't love a little interactive fun to keep us awake at our desks?

Now, you don't have to be a fan of golf or video games or even Tiger Woods, for that matter, to appreciate the interactive beauty of this web banner (courtesy of @creativesocial). This rich media banner (created by Freestyle Interactive Agency, US) takes you through various "sites" as you click through them. In the end, you reach the EA sports website where consumers can purchase Tiger's PGA Tour 10 video game.

Meanwhile, (courtesy of doubleclick.com) McDonalds (agency: Tribal DDB) and the Sims 3 (Freestyle Interactive) imbed their video advertisements within their banners. The Sims 3 ad does a great job in somewhat integrating game play within their ads, while McDonalds continues the rich consistency of it's McCafe campaign. Check 'em out!

No comments: